”Suomi 100 Maailmalla – Finland 100 Worldwide is the joint project of the Finland Society/Suomi-Seura ry, Ministry to Finns Abroad (National Church Council, Evangelical Lutheran Church of Finland), and the Institute of Migration. It is also supported by the Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland and the Finnish Seamen´s Mission. Finland 100 Worldwide has been accepted to be included in the official Finland 100 programme.
- The aim of the project is
- to encourage and support expatriate Finnish organisations and communities to organise events related to the centenary of Finland’s independence and to provide information on Finland in their own country
- to gather events related to the centenary of Finland’s independence to be held worldwide (outside of Finland) into a joint calendar of events, so they can be discovered by as many people as possible
- to provide support and ideas to expatriate Finns for the centenary celebration
- to forward information and feelings to Finland and to expatriate Finns about the celebration of the centenary of Finland worldwide”